The historic building was designed by James Gandon as a Customs House for Dublin Port & first opened in 1791.
During the Irish Civil war in 1921, the building was extensively damaged by fire but has since been renovated and restored.|
The Customs House currently houses Ireland's Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government. The photograph below was taken from the South bank of the River Liffey in 2002, a section of the Financial Services Center is visible to the right.
An elevated view of the Customs House building & River Liffey, the Irish Financial Services Center - IFSC - is visible behind the building.
The IFSC - Irish Financial Services Centre & Customs House, with Dublin Spire on O'Connell Street visible on left of image.Dublin photos by Brendan Doyle & © copyright irelandposters. All rights reserved.
The Customs House on fire during the Irish Civil War 1921/1922 & Customs House Quay in the early 1930's.
Vintage 1930's central Dublin images of O'Connell Bridge & Guinness barge.
Photos of historic landmarks in Dublin Ireland with location details.
Irish posters & Ireland photos - main contents.